Saturday, January 01, 2005

Aftermath

So you remember my experience on the 25th of Dec. where my town and surrounding areas gave the appearance of either people prepping for Armageddon or it had already happened and somehow I missed the boat? Well today going out was similar in one respect - all the trees on the side of the road - like so many amputated limbs jutting out from every other house or more. And odd sight sans context. Even with context and yet without affiliation perhaps, it is still a sight that makes me think I was right. Judgement day did come - only somehow the chosen ones managed to negotiate for their lives - at the expense of a few spruces and firs. Or maybe there was some kind of synchronized battle in all of these houses. But if that was the case, surely a few trees must have won? Maybe they just don't feel the need to display the spoils?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home