Monday, December 26, 2005

Returning from hiatus...

What is the plural of hiatus?? I think I might need it whatever it is. But that is ok - I have excuses!

1) finishing Nanowrimo! I indeed did write a 50,000 word document that is stylistically not worth a single one of the bytes of data it is represented by but that wasn't the point. I have been told that it actually had some transient coherence in portions of it. I imagine these happened in the middle of the night when my body wrote while my mind dozed. Translation: I finally managed to get that editor in a chokehold and unconscious for a period of 30 days in November!! Woo hoo. Of course, now she's back with a vengeance. Revenge is still a dish best served cold. With a blood-red Sharpie! Mmm, Secretary. Ahem. Sorry - tangent.

2) remodeling projects. don't ask, it's been a nightmare. But I can honestly say that I have now seen more of the house than most in this country will see of any of the dwellings they will ever inhabit in their whole life. And I can dig a mean drainage ditch...given enough time and a new shovel. River stone is beautiful. Except when you have to pick it out of the adjacent lawn to prevent lawnmower accidents later on. But that was a few months ago now - there have been other projects to be sure though!!

3) work. yes - they do still expect me to do that. not sure why. obviously i need to be more like our dearly departed Scotty. "Aye, Cap'n - that I can do but it'll take me a good 2 weeks! Not a day sooner or the whole school might implode." Mind you it might do that without the likes of me being at all capable of doing a thing to prevent it.

4) theoretically editing and formatting NaNoWriMo document (see #1) for publishing by Lulu - just for the hell of it.

5) making a wedding present. It's long overdue. Well - it will be anyway.

6) writing goofy but festive holiday messages ... only e so far - but I do have some RL cards to send still!! eek.

7) making sweet potato pie! Mmmmmmmm! :) Trust me - I rule in the pastry chef department. Well most of the time. But then again my fix of the pie that OOPS had no sugar turned out to be the best pie I made so far. Odd. And no - no sharing of secrets. The mystery is half the allure. And they don't sell that at Whole Foods or Wild Oats or Capers or...

Ok - 'nough said. Back to your regularly scheduled programming. See ya back here soon.

love - moi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home