Saturday, December 18, 2004

a good friend...

so why do we feel the need to add an adjective before friend. my good friend...my best friend...my gay friend...my homicidal lesbian friend ...girlfriend...boyfriend...toss in a hesitation after girl and before friend to emphasize girl-friend like go shopping kinda gf not _that_ kind of gf.

or add something after: my friend from college...my friend downstairs...my friend over in Canada...my Canadian friend....my Aussie friend...etc etc.

doesn't anyone have just plain ole... friends? or must they always fit into a proper category of friendship in order to guide your responses to them and that of others around you.

well the human being to which i was referring in my last post is a friend. and frankly adjectives are inadequate to relay to those of you reading this the kind of connection that exists. would take too long to explain and describe and I'd fail anyway - so hence....a good friend. leave it at that. if one is to be wholly inadequate in description...might as well go all out, no?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home