Friday, December 17, 2004

Playing Catch-up (or is that Plain Ketsup?)

Tuesday featured lunch with V and lots of insider info on the school and most importantly some backstory on the lady who worked before me and KS, the technician I've been ranting about who I'm supposed to supervise...so that was a good lunch. It was darn cold too but it felt nice. Invigorating or something.

Wednesday I get info from KS passed on to her from the former lab manager...why she waited that long to give it to me?? Dunno. Anyway - things that need doing. Spent Tues and Wed ordering stuff for 1 prof in particular for his j-term class. And trying to find someone to do lab coat cleaning. $10/coat?! Outrageous. Oh and the morning was devoured in a fac/staff meeting..."retreat"...where they haggled over candidates for 2 fac positions. Interesting and quick way to get to know people's personalities. Spent over an hour in the greenhouse cataloguing plants after. Was nice - just me, the plants and some music.

Thursday - wait that was yesterday. I kinda ranted about that already. But all in all twas good. Spent a half-hour in the greenhouse trying out a borax insecticide called Ced-O-Flora.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home