Friday, March 10, 2006

Dubious Dealings of Dubya & Dubai, et cetera


Need I say more?

Seriously though, it appears as if the latest twist in this scam-a-rific ports deal is being swallowed up by the propagandites all over the place. It's the same old story: the facts are out there but can anyone put 2 and 2 together and still get 4 in this day and age? I think not, or else we'd all be in an uproar at this latest smoke and mirrors trick brought to you by the best and brightest behind the dimmest...

So what am I going on about? Well surely you've heard that Dubai Ports World (which btw sounds more like an amusement park than a corporation) is now saying that

"because of the strong relationship between the United Arab Emirates and the United States and to preserve that relationship, DP World has decided to transfer fully the US operation of P&O Operations North America to a United States entity."

Transfer, not sell. Unknown identity. Could, therefore, be a US-based subsidiary of Dubai Ports World, right? Sure - why not.

A side note: Dubai Ports World is also known by its acronym, DPW...which oddly enough, in the good ole US of A usually stands for Department of Public Works. Hmmmmm.

Anywho, the point is - we don't know who this US "entity" is and therefore, the wiggle room created/maintained by this so-framed compromise is more like get-down-tonight room for us and all our dancing buddies. Forget the wiggling, time to get

And we know who we want at the party: India for sure, U.A.E., Pakistan will get an invite with the full understanding that they shouldn't bother to actually show up (not yet anyway), ... oh, and Condeleeza of course (see Wed NY Times' front page photo - Bush looking at her looking at who knows who... I must say, the woman does look quite fetching in them silks...fetch me a glass of water will ya?)



Ah yes, that was the gods... or rather their secretaries calling to inform me that my cosmic ledger sheet is being updated again... more red marks. Apparently I'm in debt with the dudes n dudettes upstairs in addition to everything else. LOL What else is new, right? I told her she needn't bother. Save the taxprayer's offerings for some other besotted soul. And yes, I did use the plural of secretary. They called all at the same time. It's kinda hard to hear with all those voices in your head all at once like that...but you do get used to it over time. And anyway, they were saying the same things, for the most part.

and I will leave you all with a quote stolen from Afrodisiah that seems to sum up all things truly relevant quite nicely:

I love it when you go down on me. But soon as I start to feel it gettin good, you go back up. I hate you!...


DAMN GAS PRICES!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home