Wednesday, June 22, 2005

RPGs

Are RPGs like writing groups?

I found myself telling a group of women I was in a workshop with earlier this week that I was in a writing group instead of launching into a full fledged explanation of just what that meant. A) wasn't interested in the onslaught of questions and looks that would have resulted and B) we didn't have the time and C) who cares?! LOL

Seriously though - that made me wonder...is that entirely accurate? I think it is - but why don't people usually think of it that way? Or do they? Am I totally out of it?

Ok don't answer that last one. I'm self-aware enough to know the answer. :P

1 Comments:

Blogger Rykit said...

The online "continue the story" sort of RPGs are for the most part writing groups. I wouldn't really call dice based games writing groups, though you could refer to it as getting together with some buddies to "watch the game".
Computer game RPGs are also not writing groups, but they often are "multicultural events" or "Global networking"

Maybe I'll be able to get back to the writing group sometime soon:)

20:42  

Post a Comment

<< Home