Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Beautiful and highway can go together...

odd but true

a simple image really: another of those ubiquitous 18 wheelers, pulled over to the side of the road, with three of those red and orange triangles (no idea why I remember that there were three). And as I am pulling up closer to where the truck is, I recognize that I am seeing not only a man kneeling near the ground but some kind of bird...then man and bird reach skyward and the bird flies away. And the man looks after the bird with some kind of look - couldn't describe because I didn't see it but I knew he was looking at the bird as he kinda moseyed his way back toward the truck sorta. And that's probably when I noticed that there were three triangles because it occurred to me what must have happened. Short of the bird flying into the cab with the trucker - which would have likely ended in a far more common and far more tragic sight on the side of a highway (i.e. an accident) - I am guessing that somehow he noticed a hurt creature at the side of the road and pulled over, set up the warning triangles because he was sitting just a short ways from an on ramp...and did whatever was needed to allow the bird to be free again (trapped in something??). Don't know but it was quite a sight really. Not something you see every day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home